Monday, April 26, 2010

Linkin Park: "Blackbirds" review

Linkin Park will release "Blackbirds" with their new iPod Touch/iPhone/iPad game "8-bit Rebellion". You will unlock the song when you've finished the game. The song has leaked out on the Internet, as you may already know, probably because the game was released in New Zealand yesterday.

When I first heard "Blackbirds" I was reminded how Linkin Park sounded before "Minutes to Midnight", it sounds more like a song that could have been on "Hybrid Theory" or "Meteora". I think the biggest reason is that we can hear Mike rapping again, I've missed that, and I think many LP fans have also.

The song is not a heavy rock song, it's little more a mellow hip-hop/pop song. It has great beats and an awesome guitar melody, I also like the intro that sounds like Mike rapping in a rehearsal room. The music is just like what you would expect from a Linkin Park song, and that's a good thing, I've always loved their way of creating touching melodies in their songs.

I think Chester does a really good job singing both the verse and the chorus, I like both very much. He's singing it with great feeling that gives me goosebumps. The lyrics are also great through out the entire song.

I think it's cool that you will get the brand new song inside the game as an unlockable item, it's a really unique way of releasing a brand new song. Make sure to download "Linkin Park: 8-bit Rebellion" later today, April 26th, on iTunes in the USA and hopefully everywhere else also.

Overall: "Blackbirds" is an old school Linkin Park song that brings back memories from the "Hybrid Theory" and "Meteora" time. An awesome song that has great lyrics and music that are typical for a Linkin Park song, and I love that! The fans will be pleased to hear this brand new song from the greatest band in the world Linkin Park.

Review: "Blackbirds" XXXX [4/5].

No comments:

Post a Comment